Process Map for CAS Strategic Partnerships
What makes a strong partner?
- Clear and reliable communication
- Commitment to college mission
- Pursuit of common purpose or interest
- Vision for longevity and accountability
- Contribution of resources (personnel, time and/or funds)
What are our strengths?
- Personnel with interests or needs in external partnership
- Scientific talent and expertise
- Facilities and technology
- Student engagement
What is the most appropriate agreement and form of support?
What are the desired outcomes?
- Ensure they are clear and achievable in a reasonable time frame
Who is responsible?
- Qualified personnel
- Partner roles
How will success be measured and evaluated?
- Establish clear milestones
- Monitoring by OStP
- Design reporting template
- Cost effectiveness
As project goals are met, how can we facilitate discussion on successes and challenges?
- Hold group meetings to review and reflect
- Leave with clear forward plans
- If partnership has been successful, how can it maintain longevity?
- If partnership has not met expectation, how can it improve in the future?
- Should it continue?