COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
ACADEMIC ADVISING AWARD
The College of Agricultural Sciences Advising Award is presented to an individual who demonstrates excellence in academic advising. The award will be presented to a faculty member or Administrative Professional who has advised, provided aid, and encouraged students in their agriculture-related education. Nominees will be selected based upon the following criteria:
- Availability to advisees/students, faculty, or staff
- Ability to engage in, promote, and support developmental advising
- Evidence of academic advising that supports the CAS mission
- Caring and helpful attitude toward advisees and other faculty
- Perception by colleagues of nominee’s advising skills
- Monitoring of student progress toward academic and career goals
Nominees that aid undergraduate and graduate students in their academic and career goals through promotion and support of programs in the College of Agricultural Sciences are eligible. Nominees must be a faculty member or Administrative Professional with 3 or more academic years advising experience.
RECOGNITION: The College of Agricultural Sciences Advising Award will be presented at the College of Agricultural Sciences recognition reception held in the spring semester. The recipient will receive a monetary award and a plaque.
Nominations must include:
- A letter of support from the Department Head or supervisor
- Two letters of support from students advised by the nominee that addresses the specific criteria for the award.
- A self-evaluation by the nominee describing his/her professional advising activities including academic advising philosophy
- Vitae/resume not to exceed 4 total pages
An individual may not receive the award more than once in 5 years.
All materials must be submitted as a single pdf document to the Office of the Dean at Megan.Griffith@colostate.edu by 5 PM on Monday, February 29, 2016.